This got me interested in the other parameter values for subtree. *ALL does what I expect and have used - all the content is copied - subdirectories are content, so they are all copied.

*NODIR is the default - help text has words I understand but it didn't make sense at first - what happens is, the copy fails if you are copying a directory to a different parent directory. If you copy to the one where it already is, the copy does not fail, but nothing really happens.

*NONE is kind of interesting - the directory is copied to the other parent directory, with nothing in it - so the subtree is empty.

Why not just MkDir?

I actually would like at times to copy the subtree with no objects other than directories, to replicate the structure - so a *DIRONLY option for this parameter would be nice.

I can maybe see, Paul, wanting to do what you maybe expected - only the objects at the first level down - maybe an *OBJONLY value, so as not to take the directories and their contents.

Curious!!

Vern