Rob, they were dropped from "supported" but maybe you can still connect
enough to update to a newer FSP code? In my lab i have all my HMC's at
v7r7.9 and i constantly plug in machines with unknown FSP levels. I have
yet to encounter a non-compatible one (and remember i have everything from
a P5 520 to p7+ 740's). Of course the first thing i do after powering up a
machine is updating it's FSP...
Of course, when i update HMC code on a client i check the matrix and do a
staggered update if required but at the lab? if i can avoid i will.
I have a few Power5 and 7's to test this week and i'll keep an eye on the
compatibility table...

Roberto