Roberto is right the error wouldn't show up because of the system end.

Off the wall suggestion (only because I've seen this) open the cover on the tape drive and make sure that the ribbon cable that goes from the back of the cabinet to the tape drive and then back to the cabinet is fully seated on the tape drive. If this is a standalone drive that gets moved around it can be worked loose enough to cause issues and like I mentioned I have had this happen to me.

If that's fully seated then the drive is probably 'not happy'.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com