having to go thru VIOS.

Good procedure and better to have the comments on how to go from
external-vSCSi to external-NPIV.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Patrick.Bingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <
Patrick.Bingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From the HMC if you go to the operations section of the VIOS partition it
will allow you to run any command. I still like to do things via ssh but
it's hard to break out of old habits.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Oberholtzer [mailto:midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 8:27 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: VIOS iSCSI vs. Fibre Channel with NPIV

Sue,

-- IF -- all the storage was on the V3700 to start with yes I could have,
however I had to move it from internal storage to the V3700, so it
physically had to move. The most important thing was the only down time
was to copy the load source over. Converting to external storage just got
easy in a VIOS environment.

I have to admit, VIOS is starting to win me over particularly with the
management mainly in the HMC code. The only command I had to run on the
VIOS side was CFGDEV then a command or two to verify the Fibre logged in
(it did).

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect