I think a more accurate characterization of run-time environments would be:

Original Program Model (OPM)
BASIC
CLP
RPG/400
COBOL/400
PL/I
Extended Program Model (EPM)
Pascal/400
SAA C/400
FORTRAN/400
REXX/400
Integrated Language Environment
ILE C/400
RPG IV
ILE COBOL
REXX/400 (V3R2 / V3R7)
Portable Application Solutions Environment (PASE)
PHP
Python
Perl
Power Ruby
(most other "open source" interpreted languages ported to IBM i using GCC, etc. ...)
Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
Java
(any other compiled languages that target the JVM or emit Java ByteCode)

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 10/7/2014 9:19 AM, Nathan Andelin wrote:

How many language environments does that make?

1. ILE (RPG, Cobol, C, CL, REXX).
2. SQL & SQL DDL.
3. Java.
4. PHP.