Chuck

I agree with your statements about programmer perception, esp. when option 14 is still available in PDM for ILE programs.

Now although I can see your point about putting source member information in an ILE executable, I think it also adds a certain level of confusion - namely, in one circumstance (1 module) you have that information, in the other circumstance (> 1 module) you probably don't.

So what do you do to get that information using APIs? Does the ILE API for getting program information - does that have to check multiple places, depending on the number of constituent modules?

For me, that would not fly very well. Still, to each his own.

Cheers
Vern