First, I want thank everyone for all the input.
Second, we have no controls over these object create processes, they are 3rd party product install/upgrade processes, and the same vendor will not do it consistently.
Sometimes they will restore directly from a savf, all original object detail is persevered.
Other times they will restore from a savf, but then use crtdupobj later in the process.
Third, of the 20+ software vendors we use, only one, besides IBM, uses Object level, Licpgm name, Licpgm level, PTF number, APAR.
Fourth, then we have our own add-on custom programs, which have our own totally different in-house rules.
Summarizing, because there is no consistently, there is no simple easy solution.
I still feel strongly that CRTDUPOBJ should keep original create date and user, this would solve many of the issues.
Do you think IBM would consider a DCR, maybe using a data area, or a new parameter on the command, to keep original create date and user?
For Duplicate file identifiers, I see the default is NO but IBM gave a YES option
It makes you wonder if IBM is rethinking how CRTDUPOBJ should perform.
*NO
The file level and member level identifiers of the existing database
file will not be used for the newly-created file. The file level
and member level identifiers for the newly-created file will be
generated by the system; for example, 1070224092922.

*YES
The file level and member level identifiers of the existing database
file will be used for the newly-created file. Having two database
files with the same file level and member level identifiers can
impact database operations. This value should only be used when an
exact duplicate database file is expected.

Paul