<snip>
If the objects could be assigned an Object Control Level, an APAR or
PTF identifier, or some other value that defines what is the specific
object [beyond its name], would that assist to know that the duplicated
object was a copy of the original? Even without actually delivering
objects via a product and PTFs, the PTF\APAR details and product
information can be set for an object. The object control level also can
be assigned, having no relation to product and\or PTF/APAR activity.
These attributes are available to be set using the Change Object
Description (QLICOBJD) API:
<http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/apis/qlicobjd.htm>
</snip>

Hmm, I thought those attributes were not allowed by set by users. From
the help:
The Program Temporary Fix that resulted in the creation of the
displayed object. This field is blank for user-created objects.
Oh, but here's good news. On the APAR id.
The Change Object Description API, QLICOBJD, can change this
field to any value. But also note: If this is a command and you run
CHGCMDDFT it replaces this apar id with CHGDFT.

Ok, so that api does allows us to change some of these.