On 24-Jan-2014 13:39 -0800, CRPence wrote:
I suspect however, that during the creation of the spooled file [as
I just experienced in a test], there is a diagnostic being logged to
warn that indeed, unfortunately, that *it just works that way*
[apparently at least, for any one page]; i.e. contradicting what is
IMO, an intuitive expectation, such that merely a diagnostic logged
at run-time with no warning in the docs nor warning in the compiled
DDS listing, would be a rather frustrating outcome:

Message ID . . . . . . . . . : CPD4091
Message . . . . : Same object name (&6) used on a page with
different libraries specified.
Cause . . . . . : A page segment or overlay with the same name
cannot be used with different libraries on the same page. Page
segment or overlay &6 will be library qualified to library &7, not
library &8.
Recovery . . . : Rename the overlay or page segment and try the job
again.

<<SNIP>>

If the msg CPD4091 F/QWPPERRS is getting logged, then the resource
included in the list produced by the QGSLRSC should reflect the
*PAGSEG from the library name seen as the replacement value &7 in the
that message; i.e. there will not be two with the same name, but
with different library names.

I just did another test wherein the same-named page segments from different libraries were no longer spooled on the same page. As expected, the warning msgCPD4091 about the restriction with them being specified on the same page no longer transpired.

However unexpectedly, the only resource listed in the spool file was still just the first one by that name. Seems clear to me, from that outcome [although that was on v5r3], that there is a defect in the message, or a defect with the function, or both. Perhaps the function needs to issue that message even when the references are separated by pages, and therefore the message needs to be updated to reflect that the same-named page segment [or overlay] will always be the first one resolved throughout the spool file rather than merely on one page.? Note: I did not test any overlays.