From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:45 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Windows 7 laptops cannot install IBM i service packs

Oops. Sorry. Try this one instead:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM, <broehmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You realize that by simply stepping on the last URL you posted that it
WILL download to your PC right?

From: Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/26/2013 11:35 AM

I sent the following to the PCTech list a few days ago with no
response, so I'm trying it here. Not sure which list it should be on
anyway . . .

For a couple of years now I've had trouble (read unable) with Win 7
32-bit laptops when trying to install IBM i Access 7.1 service packs.
I get this
error:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the
package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application
vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I decided it's time to figure this out. I found this page:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/access/windows_sp.html#
action

which in turn sends me here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=26347

I have downloaded vcredist_x86 (they're 32-bit laptops), run it,
rebooted, and it did not help. Same error.

What am I missing?

--
Jeff Crosby
VP Information Systems

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of
my company. Unless I say so.
a moment to review the archives at
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the
attachments accompanying it) contain confidential information belonging to
the sender.
The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient.
any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited.
Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under the
law.
If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly
notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the
transmission."
a moment to review the archives at
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

--