I think we're going in a totally different direction with this. I'm not trying to do Disaster Recovery or migration to new systems or upgrades etc... We have 3 boxes all running 6.1 with no need to upgrade further at this time. 1 box is used for production, 1 box is used as a mirror for the production box in case all hell breaks loose, and 1 box is used for development. We also try to do any problem investigation on the development box so as not to interfere with production and it makes things easier when you can use data that's only a few hours old as opposed to 2 or 3 weeks old. I'm usually trouble shooting problems that happened yesterday and so it would be nice to use yesterdays data for this.

<< Basically all that SAVRSTLIB does is
a-Save the library to a save file
b-transmit the library
c-Restore the library

Basically all I really want to do is
a-Save the library to a save file
b-transmit the library
c-Restore the library

a & c are not my concern. Saving to a save file and restoring doesn't interfere with production. I would do the transfer during off hours. I have done the save during production and there is no impact and the restore is on a different box so that is a moot point. I have plenty of room on both boxes so that also is not a concern. Point b is my problem. I'm trying to utilize some form of transmitting a large volume of data (100 GB) between 2 boxes (not 2 LPARs on 1 box or any other combination) in the shortest length of time. FTP takes too long as by the time it finishes transferring the data it's time to start the next save & transfer. Rob, I'm sorry I haven't tried multiple FTPs at the same time yet (as you suggested) so I can't report on that. (I do have that on my to-do list). It appears that a SAVRSTOBJ would be the best possible solution for me. Now all I have to do is get the 2 boxes talking to each other and I'm all set.

Thanks everyone for all the information and suggestions.

Don Wereschuk
ISD - Programmer/Analyst
Simcoe Parts Service Inc.
Phone: 705-435-7814 Ex: 302
Fax: 705-435-5029
mailto:dwereschuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If I'd have done what I said I should have done,
then I'd be sitting here saying I should have done what I did do.