One solution to your concerns is using good library naming conventions for libraries and using Library Lists. ;-)

For example, my client uses JDE World software running for dozens of affiliates around the world.

I have a single user profile on the system.

JDE World allows for an unlimited number of JDE "environments" on the same LPAR.

The JDE administrator maintains a list of JDE "environments" to which I am authorized, which is stored in file F0093, which lives in a library common to all environments.

When I sign on to JDE, I am presented with a "Library List Selection" screen from which I select the affiliate JDE "environment" which I want to use. The list of libraries for a given "environment" is stored in the F0094 file, which is also in a library common to all environments.

Once I select the JDE "environment" from the Library List Selection screen, the JDE startup program establishes my library list based on that list of libraries associated with that particular JDE "environment" and creates a jobd in QTEMP containg that same list of libraries for use when submitting batch jobs.

-sjl