http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/licensing.html
<snip>
In addition, for these models, customers have the option to purchase i
operating system Application Server entitlements. The Application Server
entitlement provides an entitlement for the i operating system without a
entitlement for DB2. Customers who wish to deploy applications which do
not require DB2 will find the i operating system Application Server
license to be a more affordable option for deploying these applications.
</snip>

Let's say I have several lpars. And I've done a pretty good job of saying
this lpar of IBM i runs Domino and WAS stuff, while this lpar runs ERP.
Would this be a good fit for licensing the Domino and/or WAS based lpars
with the Application Server (non DB2) license? Does that really kill all
DB2 type stuff? Can I no longer even do a DSPUSRPRF to an outfile and
iNav run sql scripts against it?

Where can I find more information about Application Server entitlements?