Sorry confused typing wrong.
The ftp command "LTYPE C ccsid" which ccsid should map to pc code ccsid,
AS400 CCSID 937 map to Big5 code ccsid 950.

so your script may be as following:
ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
userid
pass
LTYPE C 950
cd /windowsdirectory
lcd wrklib
put PF_FILE WRKFILE.CSV
quit

Best regards,

Vengoal

message: 2
date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:03:48 -0700
from: Robert Engelhardt <p.robertengelhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: FTP PF to Windows Server with Chinese Characters

Thank you Vengoal for your recent reply.

I checked my PF and it has a longer field than originally indicated (3500
O)
When I do a DSPFFD the CCSID assigned is 937 Traditional Chinese.

Most of the file data is English, but with some Chinese text.

Here's what a line in the file looks like after using the recommended FTP
command:

] O ? O ????? O O O O O O ???? O S
V?V?LkV?]? ?? ]` O ePV?Lk[? ? `? O O O b?Q? O O O ???? O O ??K@
????
@???? O ??K@????
@???? O M???]@????@???? O O ?????????@??@??????@?????m?@??@??@???@?? O ?
O ????K????|???K???K?? ?????? O ???? O M?LkL? O ? O O O O O O

Is there something that needs to be done on the receiving server side to
interpret this CCSID?

Here's the script I used to send the file:
**FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx****UserID****Password**
"LType as400dbcs 937"**CD /windowsDirectory****LCD WRKLIB****PUT
PF_FILE WRKFILE.CSV**

Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon.

6. Re: FTP PF to Windows Server with Chinese Characters

(Vengoal Chang)
------------------------------

message: 6
date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:48:21 +0800
from: Vengoal Chang <vengoal@xxxxxxxxx> <vengoal@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: FTP PF to Windows Server with Chinese Characters

1. Make sure your flat PF file field length 400 with field type "O"
2. use FTP command LTYPE C as400DBCSccsid before put command, as400 DBCS
ccsid
Simplified Chinese 936, Traditional Chinese (extended range) 937.

Best regards

Vengaol