I've been mucking around with a nice POWER6 that we got cheap from
IBM-Remarketing a few weeks ago. Installed VIOS 2.x and got a feel around.
I've found some videos explaining initial configuration, but the config was
not exactly the same (it assumed i had a non-IVE network card and set up
the VIOS-HMC link and general bridge thru that).
Is there a good VIOS from scratch tutorial anywhere?
Also, the HMC reports that this machine has no 5250 capabilities, but it
DOES have IBM i capabilities. Would that be like saying "You have a 1000cpw
batch and 0 interactive machine"?
I've read a lot of manuals and think i have most of the theory behind VIOS
(some concepts are harder, like the whole IVE-LHEA but not impossible).
Infocenter has not been kind to me since it seems only CE work at this
level (weird since i remember a big client that had its people trained to
reinstall VIOS in case of disaster).
That's about it, if anyone has experience with this, feel free to share. I
can be more specific about the problems i'm having but i would rather read
the book than nag someone.

Best Regards,