Even though it's in QSYS I suspect it's not an IBM supplied object. I
used to have RUNSQL before IBM's version. Got it from a magazine article.
It caused a lot of issues when I got the PTF.

Your issue is probably not covered in the 7.1 Memo to Users. Read this
article:
http://tinyurl.com/RUNSQL
Are your keywords the same? Mine weren't. Everywhere I had
RUNSQL REQUEST(...)
I had to replace it with
RUNSQL SQL(...)
Yours also probably does not default to running under commitment control.
If your files are not journalled it will abort with CPF4328 (and a cute
message that RUNSQLSTM failed).
If your files are journalled and you signoff without running a commit,
you've just lost all your changes.
Some might consider that a significant situational fact.