Jeff,

I would expect that if you took the option 8 to "Install program temporary
fix package" from the PTF menu, and then selected option 3 for the Prompt
for media. My experience is that the PTFs from the DVDs (or optical
images) and any save file downloaded PTFs will be applied. The help for
this option is;

3=Multiple volume sets and *SERVICE
Specifies to prompt for volumes in multiple volume sets when
set, PTFs will be loaded from the service support system
(*SERVICE). This option is also used to install PTFs from a
single volume set and from *SERVICE.

For me this loads the PTFs in save files located in QGPL.

HTH

Jim