Yes, you can continue to use all the normal save/restore commands. The problem will be all the exit points needed for tape management and tape library management might not be set properly if the old librararian software was on the system at the same time as BRMS.

Check exit points:

QIBM_QTA_STOR_EX400 EX400200 *YES
QIBM_QTA_STOR_EX400 EX400300 *YES
QIBM_QTA_TAPE_TMS TMS00200 *YES