I don't use it today, but did while I was VP-CIO. We used active energy manager and a couple of the other tools (the smart PDUs) to monitor the data center and cut our energy usage by over 60%, and several ton's of carbon footprint. That made the Board of Directors happy. (They did not care that we also cut the cost of running the data center, only the "environmental impact")

The ambient temperature in the data center was 75 degrees when we were done. Since all the equipment was reporting in within temperature specifications (even the HP Servers we had) we were able to push the temperature up to a nice warm spot. No more sweaters in the data center while you were working there.....

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects