Can't disagree and we use DNS as much as possible. Most of our servers have only the loopback address defined in the HOSTS file. However when customers rent partitions we cannot completely control that.

And with loopback the whole idea is that loopback *IS* this partition. If this was an off-box connection I would wholeheartedly agree but with this loopback seems the natural point of connection.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com