All you really need is a 3573 with dual drives and the same attachment, SCSI, fibre, or SAS depending on the TARGET machine. Often the target machine is a different hardware level. You can have a used 3573 with two LTO3 sleds fibre attached for about $3500 - $4000. Price goes up for LTO4 and LTO5 drives but the chassis stays the same. I have an LTO3 and LTO5 in mine to keep tape read compatibility back to LTO1 and write to LTO2. LTO5 can read an LTO3 tape.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects