I confirm that. Just for grins I just went to the computer room and connected the 5735 up to the 3573 tape library (random mode) and moved it to an IBM i V7 LPAR.

It showed up and ran just fine.

That statement is true if, and only if, you are trying to use NPIV to virtualize the tape library in VIOS.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects