WELL then. I have my TS3200 drive connected through a Brocade 4100 switch and that works so I would suspect that you 6500 switch should also handle the drive correctly. These are the only two config screens for the port itself and these are the settings for the TS3200 LTO-5 sled. The port reports "OnLine" as an "L-Port" and speed is N4. The SFP in these switches is a FINISAR 00:90:65 4GB unit.

I did absolutely nothing on the tape end to get this to work.

Hope this helps at least a little?

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis