From: Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 2, 2012 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: Event-based actions

Therein lies the problem that prompted me to start this thread.  The
/field/ has to refresh, not the screen.  Plus the cursor has to stay
where it was, and keyed data has to remain unchanged.  It has to look
like nothing happened except a couple of fields updated.  No flash, no
flicker; just the needed fields change their value.

Here is a description of the GWT Event Bus: "Dispatches GwtEvents to
interested parties. Eases decoupling by allowing objects to interact
without having direct dependencies upon one another, and without
requiring event sources to deal with maintaining handler lists. There
will typically be one EventBus per application, broadcasting events that
may be of general interest. "

http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.1/com/google/gwt/event/shared/EventBus.html