Doesn't this all come down to the right tool for the job? Lets face
some facts here. The real down side of the green screen is that it
doesn't give you enough room. Why do I like using desktop or web
interfaces? Because I can give the user so much more information right
there on the screen in a very flexible manner. I'm not bound by 80 or
even 132 columns and 24 to 27 rows. I am not bound by 8 colors. I can
use whitespace to draw a user's attention to something. I can make a
desktop or webapp notify a user without doing full refreshes when things
happen in the database. The experience is more flexible, and overall it
IS BETTER! Are there special cases where the green screen is quick for
data entry? Sure, but I don't think that it does anything that .Net or
other native and web apps can do. Its just a matter a optimizing the
user experience to what they are trying to accomplish. And if I can
enter all my information in 1 screen and not 2, 3, or more screens and
give instantaneous feedback to the user on data validation as they enter
it. Can give them suggested values as they type. The more I type and
think about it the more I think that the screen screen is a really
crappy interface to use in light of what we have available to us today.

Thank You
Bryce Martin
National Ticket Company
570-672-2900 ext. 226