I too argue against iexplore for a few reasons.
1 - the subdirectory changes depending on which version of Windows is
currently in play. On my Windows 7
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
When you start phasing in new Windows you do not want to have multiple
versions of your program.

2 - Other browsers are becoming popular. I use FF (FireFox) for most of
my browsing. I keep IE for sites that are a tad bit picky. You may think
I'm IT and I'm God but are you really ready to risk the ire of people who
are enamored with the browser of the day for such a simple thing that can
be worked around? Pick a better fight - this ain't your Alamo.

There are ways to shoot in the URL and let the PC figure out which browser
to use. Just like you can click on a .doc file and Windows, knowing the
extension, can be configured to load up Lotus Symphony's Documents, Open
Office or any number of programs other than just MS Word. Not saying that
one is better than the other or Bill Gates is the devil incarnate. Just
saying let the user pick their program to run the application.

3 - Repeat of 1, but different. Let's say you start rolling out Citrix or
what we just replaced Citrix with - VMWare View. It may not be their C:
drive.