Press F1 on that message for help. Record the message id. I have a
utility that scans message files and I've determined that is
DSPMSGD RANGE(RPG1011) MSGF(QRPGMSGE)
The first parameter is the program name. The second is the statement
number in that program which noticed the error and the third is the file
with the bogus data. In an older style of RPG which has fallen out of
practice for newer styles of RPG you used to have record indicators. For
example, an H in the first column might indicate a Header record, while a
D in the first column might indicate a Detail record associated with a
previous header record. Like I said, this has fallen out of favor for a
different database design in which the header rows are in one table and
the detail rows are in another. Makes it much easier to query data with
tools outside of RPG or other programming languages. About the only place
you see this in practice anymore is ancient programs which haven't been
touched since being migrated over from the S/34. Or EDI programs.

I suppose someone may have wrote a new one to read converted spreadsheet
data. And what may have happen is that the user decided to pretty up the
spreadsheet and now there's a new line beginning with some character not
previously trapped for.

As others have said, I would defer this to your programming staff. If you
suspect it is the spreadsheet issue find out who creates the spreadsheet
and see if my supposition is possible. If the line is strictly comments
have them remove it before submitting the spreadsheet. If it's necessary
to be processed - refer to your programming staff.

If this job is really holding up production and it will take some time to
sober up your programmer then take the option D to dump the RPG program.
You will then, most likely, get another message from a calling CL program
which informs you that the RPG program ended abnormally and again asking
you whether to cancel the CL program or continue on.

CAUTION: If your RPG program is called by a CL which looks like this:
/* Pretty up data by calling an initial RPG program */
call ZKP9AXI
/* delete order file and replace with spreadsheet data */
dltf orderdata
cpyf klupfinal orderdata

and you just abort the rpg data and continue on can you see how this may
cause drastic action? That is a major reason why most people on this list
refer you to your programming staff. It's not that we're union and we
feel we need to protect our jobs and those not in the brotherhood are
incompetent.