I second this setup (Bouncy Castle api) as a good approach to PGP for a
limited/basic deployment.

From: praveen gunda <praveen.gunda@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/22/2012 04:08 PM
Subject: Re: PGP encryption.

We use PGP to send files to Wells Fargo. PGP is public/private key
encryption.
Generally Wells Fargo gives you a public key, you encrypt the file using
that. Once the file gets to Wells Fargo they decrypt it using the private
key.

We use BouncyCastle (open source) Java api to encrypt and decrypt. This is
encapsulated using a cl command so it can be called for CL. I got the
source from searching in google, but had to tweak the java classes a little
to make it work properly.

This is not like an SSL. SSL or SFTP is more at the protocol layer where as
when using PGP you have to encrypt first and then ftp or SFTP the file
over.

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Roger Harman