On 6/12/2012 2:50 PM, sjl wrote:
Alan -

The moderator has not called you out on it, but IMHO you should preface your
comments in a thread such as this with something like

<< Vendor Response>>

in order to make it clear that you are a software vendor that provides a
solution to the problem being discussed.

Vern and Richard ALWAYS do this when responding as a vendor when offering a
solution, and it appears to me that you are pushing ETL software.

Regards,
sjl

I'm not sure that just mentioning on a thread that a particular category of product is a good solution requires a <<vendor response>> tag. It's only when mentioning how good YOUR particular product is that you need to mention it as a vendor response, as both Vern and Richard do.

Not only that, but I kinda figured Alan worked for Coglin Mill and sold the RODIN product by his signature:

RODIN by Coglin Mill

Vern doesn't have any RJS info in his sig so it's more important for him to identify himself (although Richard does!). In any case, I don't think Alan was trying stealth marketing. I think you're right on a pretty fine line of whether a vendor response tag was required.

My .02 - YMMV