From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adam Mills
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 1:30 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Table Definition in System i Navigator V6R1

Gary,

Yes I am in the New Table -> Add Column tab. I only see 'Character' and 'Rowid' when I click on Data Types. Similarly if I try and amend or add a column to an existing table I still only get the choice of these two types.

Thanks

Adam Mills
Snr Technical Consultant, Island Pacific
Direct: +44 (0)7739 941855
Any reference to or discussion regarding existing contracts in the body of this email will not otherwise alter the terms and conditions of our existing contracts - which other than any temporary change described in the body of this email remains in full force

message: 2
date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:42:11 -0700
from: Adam Mills <amills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Table Definition in System i Navigator V6R1

Hello,

I am trying to create a physical file on the iSeries using System i Navigator and the table definition option within Databases --> Schemas --> Tables.

When I click on the Columns tab and the Data type drop down box I only see two selectable data types, Character and Rowid. This is on my V6R1 partition. On my V5R4 partition I see all of the data types such as Character, CLOB, Decimal etc. The version of System i Navigator I am using is V6R1M0 Service level SI42423.

I have attached screen shots showing this. Has anyone encountered anything similar and do they know why I can only see two data types and what I can do to see the rest?

Thanks

Adam Mills

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD3913.C3F2E610]<http://www.islandpacific.com/>

Snr Technical Consultant
P 07739 941855
F 01279.874551
amills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[cid:image002.png@01CD3913.1C2C0060] <http://www.facebook.com/IPGlobalRetail>
[cid:image003.png@01CD3913.1C2C0060] <https://twitter.com/ipglobalretail>

Suite 4 Thremhall House Thremhall Park Start Hill Bishop's Stortford Hertfordshire CM22 7WE

[cid:image004.jpg@01CD3913.1C2C0060]