But some things like Storages and Tape Units dont always auto power
on. If you have them on a SPCN controlled rack (do they still exist?)
they do power up once the CEC powers up, but in most cases, if it has
a hard power button it will not be pushed by the HMC. Expansion
drawers and the like are all linked by the SPCN network so they start
up.

Best Regards,