How much time have you got?

First, ensure that your HMC is running a level of HMC code compatible with
your power system's firmware. Some people do a big no-no on HMC managed
machines and configure firmware upgrades to come from the ptf's applied to
an i partition. The problem with that is your firmware can get so
upgraded that your HMC can no longer manage it. Bringing the system up
from scratch after a power outage is not the time to discover that.
https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/power5cm/supportedcode.html

Then power off all partitions using your normal steps, with the last being
PWRDWNSYS RESTART(*NO), with other appropriate options

Then use the HMC to power off the 'system' itself.
Then power off the HMC.

When power is restored:
If your UPS got drained, wait until that builds up a little reserve.
Power up your HMC.
Use your HMC to power up the 'system'.
Once the system is ready, use your HMC to bring up your lpars. Bring up
hosted lpar's before bringing up any guest lpars.