Depending upon your setup, rsync (a Unix synchronization tool) may be a lifesaver for you in this respect. But first-time setup may be difficult for you if it's not already installed.

Another option, is to compare the two folders recursively:

diff -rq /opt/start_here /diskfolder/start_here_2
++
Dennis
++
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
-- Mark Twain

Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone. Please excuse my brevity.
For any grammatic/spelling errors, there is no excuse.
++

Richard Reeve <richreeve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning all,

As part of a project that I have been assigned, I am to migrate images from a jukebox to dasd. One concern that I have is the possible duplication of images. There are, for example volumes called RPT01 and one called BKUPRPT01. How would I go about comparing the saved images and identifying that BKUPRPT01 is in fact a duplication of RPT01? Also, does anyone know how I would be able to determine if an image was created outside the RDARS application?

Thanks for any advise.

Warmest Regards,

Richard Reeve

This thread ...