Joel -

Some reasons for qualifying the library in a CL program:
http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh012003-story04.html

I have other reasons, will reply later with additional information.

Hint: There are some very good reasons for qualifying the IBM commands used in certain CL programs to QSYS.

- sjl

Joel wrote:
What are some of the CL programming standards that your shop has found valuable?
I would think that a few standards are NEVER have the following in production CL:
- never have a library name in CL (OK allow QTEMP)
- never have even a variable library name in CL
- never have a person's name or email address in CL (OK in author comments)

Would a library in CL ever be necessary? I would think that good coding would allow the *libl to do the work of choosing the correct lib in almost all cases.

Comments and additional good practices?

This thread ...