The printer is program-described.

Maybe I will have to mod the pgm to use an externally described printer - that should work. I was hoping that it would be possible to control the margins thru an OVRPRTF.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 10:16 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: fun with printer overlays - how to change top margin by tinyincrements (.01 inches)

I know you said the overlay defined in strafpu.
Is the printer file dds also in the tool or can you get to the actual dds?
Printing in small increments is easy in dds with the position keyword:
1st number is vertical, 2nd is horizontal

A R NCBOXADV1A
A FONT(2305 (*POINTSIZE 9))
A @ADVSRV11 40 POSITION(10.66 0.80)
A @ADVSRV12 40 POSITION(10.90 0.80)