Note: just found out that you can only use AFPRSC with DEVTYPE(*IPDS)
AFP(*YES) printers...

So if you're printing to ASCII printers using HPT you'll need to jump
through some more hoops...

Check out the convert image API (QIMGCVTI) also known as "Image Print
Transform".

Chapter 7, IBM AS/400 Printing V Redbook
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/abstracts/sg242160.html?Open

HTH,
Charles