A tad over a year ago, I replaced the A/C and furnace at my house with
a heat pump and a new furnace. The heat pump uses the same wiring
from old thermostat to furnace, but does a lot more with it. The
interesting thing I found is that it reports the line voltage at the
heat pump. It is always reporting 207 - 208 volts. Not the
"expected" 220.

I am wondering if line voltage is ever actually 220, just like 120 is
usually a bit lower as well, like about 117.

John McKee