Gord,

In addition to the recommendations below, make sure the activity level on the shared pool the job runs in is high enough for the number of threads. Adjust memory as needed although these jobs typically do not use all that much memory, just lots of threads.

The easiest way to determine how many threads are running in that pool is with System i Navigator. Open Work management, Memory pools, and Active pools. You should see current threads in that display. If not use F12 (or right click on Active pools and choose "customize this view" and then "columns") and pick "Current Threads" and move it into the current columns.

Alternatively you can use WRKACTJOB and F11 twice to see the threads in each job. Add them up for the shared pool and you'll have your number.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects