Jerry,

Your system has an identity crisis. Until it knows who it is *MGTC and other servers too will not run.

In your case the simplest fix is:

In CFGTCP option 12 (CHGTCPDMN) give the system a name on the first line. As you show, the suggested name would be DTO because that's already in the hosts table for your IP address. Also in option 12, since you don't have any DNS servers listed, change the search priority to *LOCAL.

Now since you suggest DTO.LOCAL for your domain name you'll also want to go into option 10 and add DTO.DTO.LOCAL to the IP 123.456.78.241.

Now when you PING DTO.DTO.LOCAL you should get the 123.456.78.241 address (Or you would if it was a legal address. :-} ) In any case it must match the IP address in NETSTAT *IFC for your system. Once that works you'll be able to start *MGTC as it will know itself.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis