The WRKJOB didn't work since the job wasn't running. But there was a log
leftover from a previous attempt to start *MGTC. Well the joblog didn't
tell *me* much. The first thing it shows, after the job submitted
information, is:

CPF1892 Diagnostic 40 10/11/11 09:05:03 QCMD
QSYS 03CE QCMD QSYS
Message . . . . : Function S/36
environment not allowed.

We run in the 36EE, but so did we at my previous employer.

After that it just goes off on tangents. A couple of "Message . . . . :
The pointer parameter passed to free or realloc is not valid" and several
"Message . . . . : Object QSYS in library QSYS not found." A truckload of
"SQL server mode processing" things. And, finally, Initialization failed,
Object not created...

I browsed /QIBM/UserData/OS400/MGTC/config/McConfig.properties and found
that the only property set was for QYPSJ_SYSTEM_ID = QSECOFR. So I take it
that the CALL QSYS/QYPSCONFIG PARM('QYPS_HOSTNAME' '123.456.78.241') would
simply add another property to the file; i.e., not make any changes to the
domain, host name, and router definitions. Right? Or would I still need to
run the CHGTCPDMN values that I mentioned? That is:

Change TCP/IP Domain (CHGTCPDMN)

Host name . . . . . . . . . . . 'DTO' [<--Change]
Domain name . . . . . . . . . . 'DTO.LOCAL' [<--Change]
Domain search list . . . . . . . *DFT
Host name search priority . . . *REMOTE *REMOTE, *LOCAL
Domain name server:
Internet address . . . . . . . 123.456.78.241 [???]

'DTO' is the host name displayed when I run the DSPNETA command, for what
it's worth.

By the way, did I mention that I am paranoid.

Thanks.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
History is constantly changing. To try to build firm conclusions on it is
like trying to build a house on running water. -Michael Howard
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN