From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry C. Adams
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:16 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: could -cleanup- force users off system

I shutdown QINTER before our automated nightly backups, but only after
giving any late users (not likely in our case) a chance to shutdown cleaning
(10 minutes notice; 2nd time they're toast).

But GO CleanUp itself doesn't have an option for shutting down QINTER, and
from past experience with it I doubt that it affects any subsystem. That
is, at the last place I worked we ran CleanUp daily, but I had to write the
QINTER shutdown command because some people kept leaving their terminals
logged on (which potentially impacted other things, not the CleanUp).

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
We are in favor of a law which absolutely prohibits the sale of liquor on
Sunday, but we are against its enforcement. 1920's Democratic platform in
Syracuse, NY
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN