Chuck...

I think you're way over my head...as I didn't follow what you're
trying to say. :)

Receiver size options (RCVSIZOPT)

*RMVINTENT
The size of the receiver attached to the journal is
reduced by automatic removal of the internal entries
required only for initial program load (IPL) or
independent ASP vary on recovery when these entries
are no longer required.

My understanding of the above is that internal entries visible via
DSPJRN INCHIDENT(*YES) can disappear.

Charles