Chuck, evidently what happened was an anomaly, because I checked the journals today and the entry seems to be gone. The generated file with ENTDTALEN(*CALC) is back down to a JOESD length of 4577 and I don't get any CPF7064 errors if I use that as my ENTDTALEN. If the problem occurs again, though, I now have the correct tools to try and isolate the entry. Thanks.

Joe

I seem to have purged some commentary about "internal entries" from
my earlier reply, apparently since I had forgotten how they would be
included. I think you will want to specify INCHIDENT(*YES) to "Include
hidden entries" to determine if one of those entries might be at fault
for the large calculated record length. Review the help text on that
parameter to infer how specifying *YES might assist.

Regards, Chuck