Evan

This has nothing to do with CPUs of one manufacturer or another, it is a constant ratio for input (linear function) as watts and output as BTUs (heat). You can go to

http://www.unitconversion.org/power/watts-to-btus-it--per-hour-conversion.html

and plug in your own numbers - 1000 W == 3412+ BTU (British Thermal Units) in that calculator.

At least that's how I understood Larry when he said "it's a straight line relationship between input power and output heat"

Vern