I agree with Kirk. *ONLY* the base O/S is part of the box and even then only up to a point. Seems like there is a line after which even the O/S is licensed to the lessee. So completely scratching the box, initializing the disks at least once, twice if you'd like, move 'em all around and initialize 'em again and then load the O/S. Of course the vendor will want the key for that so be sure to record it before you zap the system!

Between initialize and scrambling of the disks anyone trying to actually read your data from the disks would need to a) Un-initialize the disks, ALL of them. b) Re-assemble all the RAID sets. c) Identify the Load Source disk and put it in the proper place. d) Have a way to get past the unknown (to them) system passwords. If they really want your data it's easier to get their hands on backup tapes... :-)

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis.