Ah - so I'll copy/paste, selectively, as here, as needed. Just glad to know what's going on!!

Vern

On 6/3/2010 10:19 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
'twas David that taught me to do that.

Rob Berendt

Group Dekko Services, LLC Dept 01.073 Dock 108 6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755 http://www.dekko.com From: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx Date: 06/03/2010 10:47 AM Subject: Re: LUG Members Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx On 03-Jun-2010 09:36, Vern Hamberg wrote:

> <<SNIP>>
>
> To Rob - just curious - for some reason, the quoted material in your
> replies doesn't stay in my replies - am using Thunderbird - wondering if
> anyone has an idea why - I like to keep as much context as needed in
> replies. I pasted the stuff below that starts with "Group Dekko...",
> which did not come along originally.

Rob is a "top poster" and uses the convention of the "signature
lines" being preceded by a line prefixed with the unquoted "-- ". A
line starting with two dashes and a blank are a signal to a
NewsReader to "omit the lines that follow" because they are part of
the "signature". I had done that for some time, both top-posting
and the signature line indicator, but realized the pain it caused
others [and me in the rare case I replied to my own posts], so I
removed that line from my signature.... and started thoroughly
pruning spurious text in replies [including limiting my signature to
one line].

Regards, Chuck