Buck,

I am glad you at least have an open mind Buck. It's always disheartening for
me to see how more naturally cynical people are in the world of IBM i . In
other technology fraternities there is almost an expectation that such
technological advances have been or will be made.

With regards your question about the initial example of code you posted,
that is just the sort of code that our extraction engine will document. I
have created a similar example as a screen shot here for you on our website:

www.databorough.com/buck_the_rule.jpg

it's also mainstream enough that IBM actually wrote a Redbook on this (read
chapter 5):

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/redp4046.html

Here is a recent article in System i Network if you want a more detailed
description on the theory and practice of application/system understanding
and business rules:

http://systeminetwork.com/article/application-mapping-ibm-i-auditing-legacy-
application-assets

Here is one of the new X-Analysis modules that has a form of AI as you refer
to it built into it:

http://www.databorough.com/products/Business-Rule-Extraction-Tools.html

Also read the case studies on our website, so you can see it's not just
pie-in-the-sky mumbo jumbo

http://www.databorough.com/CaseStudies/mapics.html

Cheers.

Stuart Milligan