Are you two saying that :) shows up as a smiley? Or are you just interpreting the codes yourselves?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Jeff Crosby
Envoyé : mercredi 13 janvier 2010 14:56
À : Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Objet : Re: Tables and PFs

Some days I wonder . . .

:) <---

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:31 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hopefully you forgot the smiley.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/13/2010 08:29 AM
Subject: Re: Tables and PFs

Seems like every time I chime in there's something wrong
with what I
think I know.

I think I'll just quit posting.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Birgitta Hauser
<Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

the table can have one and only one member.
Not quite true! It is possible to generate partitioned
tables and a
partition is nothing else than a member.
(Even though IBM recommends only to use partitioned
tables only for
really
large tables, i.e. the maximum number of rows (4.2
Billion) or the
maximum
space 1.7 tera byte will be reached soon)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among
the stars."
(Les
Brown)
"What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not
training
them
and keeping them!"