ok.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jack,

My interpretation of the OP is that he has an 8xx with the primary
partition and two secondary partitions. The primary was probably the pre
power 5 concept of the hosting partition with no applications and only
hosted the application partitions. I am also taking that one of the
secondary partitions is expendable. So he's going to scratch the box and
just have one partition (the one that used to be one of the secondary
partitions).

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/06/2010 04:35 PM
Subject: Re: Partition Collapse

Is the master console setups going to be the same then on both boxes once
complete. The box your restoring to is there anything currently on it.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 3:07 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2 - IP is no problem, what may be a problem are your line descriptions.
Just verify the resource names with WRKHDWRSC *CMN. Do that now before
the restore to know you have the right resource after the restore,
especially if you have multiple lan adapters, etc.

3 - If you're familiar with BRMS then follow their quite detailed
instructions for the restore. I am not. I would use a GO SAVE 21 (and
some would say twice to ensure that the tape is not bad) and restore
from
that.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073