Hi Scott,

Since the thread also discusses passing the error structure to an API call
and preventing corruption of same, your passing of zero "bytes provided"
prevents the API from providing error feedback. I realize this is sample
code and you called it "ErrorNull", but was hoping to see a "correct"
example of using the error structure. Here is an include I use:

// Error code structure.
d errc0100 ds
d errc01bytpro 10i 0 inz(%size(errc0100))
d errc01bytava 10i 0 inz
d errc01excid 7a inz
d errc01resaaa 1a inz(x'00')
d errc01excdta 250a inz

The amended call would be (pardon the spacing):

reset errc0100;
QSYRUSRI( USRI0100
: %size(USRI0100)
: 'USRI0100'
: '*CURRENT'
: errc0100 );

This way before an API call, one can just reset the structure, then check
the bytes available or exception ID after the call.

Only those portions of the message pertaining to the error code structure
were retained.

Hopefully Simon won't beat us up too much about not using expanded names,
such as errc0100_bytes_provided instead of errc01bytpro. :)

--Loyd

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Scott Klement